Last Revised: March 19th, 2014.
What Is Personal Information?
As used herein, the term "personal information" means information that specifically identifies an individual (such as a name, address, telephone number, mobile number, e-mail address, or credit card number) and information about that individual or his or her activities that is directly linked to personally identifiable information. Personal information does not include "aggregate" information, which is data we collect about the use of the Sites or about a group or category of services or users, from which individual identities or other personal information has been removed. This Policy in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of aggregate information.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Active Collection: Your personal information may be collected in a number of ways when you visit our Sites. We collect certain information that you voluntarily provide to us, such as if you create an account or a profile, make a donation, send us an email or sign up to receive email or text message updates, fill out a form, connect through a social feed, use a tool on a Site or request information.
Such information may include personal information, such as your name, mailing address, email address and phone number. We do not collect credit card information, as that information is only provided to a third party billing service such as CCBill.com who do not share that information with us.
We may also collect demographic information you may voluntarily provide from time to time, such as in response to questionnaires, surveys, and interactive tools such as calculators, including gender, ethnicity, education, income and interest information. If this information is tied to personally identifiable information, it will be treated as personal information.
Personal and demographic information may also be collected if you provide such information in connection with creating a profile or group, leaving comments, posting blog comments or other content, sending an email or message to another user, or participating in any interactive forums or features on the Sites.
In addition, from time to time we may collect demographic, contact or other personal information you provide in connection with your participation in surveys, sweepstakes, games, promotions and other activities on the Sites. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect on our Sites.
Passive Collection:When you use the Sites, some information is also automatically collected, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your operating system, the browser type, pages viewed, the address of a referring web site, and your activity on our Sites and any other technical information we deem relevant. If you access the Sites from a mobile device, we may also collect information about the type of mobile device you use and the type of mobile Internet browsers you use. We treat this information as personal information if we combine it with or link it to any of the identifying information mentioned above. Otherwise, it is used in the aggregate only.
We also automatically collect certain information through the use of "cookies" or web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive at the request of a website. Among other things, cookies can help us improve our Sites and your experience. Information obtained from cookies and linked to personally identifying information is treated as personal information. If you wish to block, erase, or be warned of cookies, please refer to your browser manufacturer to learn about these functions. However, if you choose to remove or reject browser cookies, this could affect certain features on our Sites. Web beacons are small, invisible graphic images that may be used on the Sites or in emails relating to the Sites to collect certain information about usage and program effectiveness and monitor user activity on the Sites.
How Do We Use the Personal Information We Collect?
We do use personal information collected through our Sites for the purposes described in this Policy or elsewhere on the Sites. For example, we may use personal information we collect:
- to provide the information, tools or services you request, and to process and complete such requests and any related transactions;
- to send you notifications, confirmations, receipts, updates, alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Sites;
- to notify you about important new changes to the Sites;
- to send you newsletters and otherwise provide you with information or services you request or that we think will be of interest to you, such as sending you information to keep you informed about various programs and activities;
- to request feedback and to otherwise contact you about your use of the Sites;
- to respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, and requests and to provide individual customer service;
- to monitor and analyze site usage and trends, and to personalize and improve the Sites and our users' experiences on the Sites and with GSXP, LLC., such as providing content, or features that match your profiles or interests, and to increase the Sites' functionality, usability and user friendliness;
- to serve ads or other content, on this Site or other websites or media, based on the information you provide and the actions you take; and
- for any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We may store and process personal information in the United States, Canada and other countries.
What Personal Information Do We Share With Third Parties?
It is our policy not to share the personal information we collect from you through our Sites with third parties, except as described in this Policy or as otherwise disclosed on the Sites. For example, we may share personal information as follows:
- with vendors, consultants, employees and other service providers or volunteers who are engaged by or working with us and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us;
- with the companies and partners who own and/or operate the websites we include in our sales, as well as any other organization, group, fund or charity who are participating in or working with us on our sale(s).
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you on the Sites, that the information you provide will be shared or used in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- when we are operating a co-branded site, application or tool, we may share the information you provide with the party with whom we are co-branding;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- when we believe in good faith that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to respond to claims or to protect the rights, property, or safety of GSXP, LLC., our users, our employees, our volunteers, employees, partners, copyright owners, third parties or the public, including without limitation to protect such parties from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful activity or use of our Site;
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, reorganization, acquisition, asset sale, financing or lending transaction or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of GSXP, LLC..
We are not responsible for the actions of our partners, any service providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any of our partners or other third parties, and we encourage you to become familiar with their privacy practices before disclosing information directly to any such parties. Nothing herein restricts the sharing of aggregated or anonymized information, which may be shared with third parties without your consent.
You understand that when you use the Sites, information that you post in any profiles, blogs, comments, forums and other interactive areas of the Sites, as well as any information you share with individuals through the Sites or share through social network sites, will be available to other users and, in some cases, may be publicly available.
In addition, when you sign up and create an account, certain information regarding actions you take through the Sites may available to other users and, in some cases, may be publicly available. We recommend you be cautious about giving out personal information to others or sharing personal information in public or private online forums. We are not responsible for the actions of any third parties with whom you share personal information. In some cases, there may be privacy settings available regarding the information available to others, and we suggest you take time to familiarize yourself with these options and utilize these settings.
Links to Other Websites:
What Steps Do We Take To Protect Your Information Online?
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission that can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of our Sites by any person using your password. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused.
What Choices Do You Have Regarding the Use of Your Information?
You may "opt out" of receiving SMS text messages, email updates and newsletters from GSXP, LLC. by following the instructions in those text messages, emails and newsletters. Please note that we may still send you other types of emails, such as emails about your use of our Sites, or use information as otherwise described in this Policy, even if you opt out of receiving email updates and newsletters. In addition, note that if we have shared your information with third parties, including in connection with our sale partners, charities and donations or any sharing with like-minded organizations, groups or causes or organizations with whom we have co-branded sites, applications or tools, opting out with GSXP, LLC. will not opt you out of receiving information from such third parties.
We use Google Analytics to learn more about how our website is being used, and have enabled Google's Advertising features. These may or may not include: Demographics and Interest reporting, Remarketing, GDN Impression Reporting, and the DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration.
We intend to use the data we get from Google Analytics to help us better develop our websites.
If you'd like to opt out of Google's tracking, please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org